[News] [Linux] Adobe Flex Already Coming to Linux

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Adobe Flex Already Coming to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:17:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
FlexBuilder 3 Moxie Beta1 For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a linux port version for FlexBuilder 3,the official
| FlexBuilder 3 for Win/Mac:
| http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flex/flexbuilder3/。;
`----

http://labs.eshangrao.com/?q=node/22

Adobe Takes Web 2.0 to the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Flex 3 drop includes a companion beta of the widgetry code named
| Apollo, now renamed Adobe Integrated Runtime, that will let developers
| move their on-air RIAs offline to the desktop using HTML/CSS, AJAX, Adobe
| Flash and Flex itself.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/390393_p.htm#535289351801826126p

Related:

Adobe open sources Flex SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| The new open source Flex SDK and documentation will be available
| under the Mozilla Public License (MPL).
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=ADDCCAF8-EB7D-4933-9A1F-AD016A901756

Adobe's Flash developers need to learn from Saudi Arabia

,----[ Quote ]
| Its choice of a proprietary video compression codec makes a free
| replacement for Flash not only desirable, but necessary -- and I
| mean for business reasons, not just because of software ideology.
| If Adobe's management had done even a little cursory reading about
| the history of the oil business and OPEC, its Flash product line
| would not be heading for the ripe, green pickle that is inevitably
| going to hit it in the face within the next few years.

Why I don't think open source Flash is necessary

,----[ Quote ]
| Ted Leung has a thought provoking post titled "Adobe wants to be
| the Microsoft of the web". From what I've been able to gather, Ted
| is a big open source advocate, so obviously he has some strong
| feelings about a platform that seems to be growing.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Stewart/?p=298

Linux video - but for whom?

,----[ Quote ]