Re: [Seeking Alpha] Where's My Dell Ubuntu Linux PC?

Linonut wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, John Bailo belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> http://hardware.seekingalpha.com/article/38362
>>
>>> Here's the background: I ordered my new Dell Linux PC during Memorial
>>> Day
>> Weekend (May 26-28). Originally, Dell informed me the PC would likely
>> ship by June 12. But when I logged into Dell's Web site on June 12, I
>> noticed two issues: A strange alert and a shipment delay.
>
> Maybe a number of Microsoft lovers at DELL are balking... I mean,
> Evangelizing <grin>.
>
> This comment was interesting:
>
>    Richard Binhammer wrote on Thu Jun 14th @ 1:36 pm
>
>    Hi Joe
>
>    Your order is scheduled to ship today and I have a fedex routing
>    number if you want it. Sorry for the delay
>
> and a followup:
>
>    Richard Binhammer wrote on Fri Jun 15th @ 11:04 am
>
>    Joe
>
>    dont think the demand has been stronger-than-anticipated although it
>    has been solid.

Joe was trying to pressure Dell. He posted this to Digg too.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  RHAT GNU/Linux   �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:00pm  up   6:56,  7 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.28