Re: MS Lawsuits - what no one has noticed.....

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 06:37 \__

> Jim Hubbard wrote:
>
>> The one thing that is blindingly obvious to me about the Microsoft threats
>> of patent lawsuits has gone all but unnoticed in the main stream media.
>>
>> If is it true that Microsoft holds patents on the Linux OS that it can use
>> to force compliance from Linux distos, then wouldn't that mean that
>> Microsoft is truly a monopoly where operating systems are concerned?
>
> Not at all. Patents have nothing to do with being a monopoly
> And there is no question *if* MS is a monopoly or not. It *is* one
> Only some widiots here in cola /question/ that very fact
>
>> If it is truly a monopoly, we should again look into breaking up the
>> company like the government wanted to do back in the 90's.
>>

> Strawman.
>
> MS should simply be hauled before a judge for extortion

Which judge? Even in Europe, they call their friends from DoJ to lobby. The
system isn't effective.

boycottlinspire.com is now up (if DNS servers are in sych).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | You can never get nine women to deliver a baby in a
month
Mem:    514480k total,   492856k used,    21624k free,     3528k buffers