Re: [Rival] Linux in Electronic Voting Enables Manipulation, Finds Study

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 13 June 2007 14:19 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
> <spam@xxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 02:29:14 +0100
> <ast3k4-st1.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that John Locke spake thusly:
>>
>>> Thanks for you colorful contribution..by the way its "Linux" not
>>> "lienux".
>>
>> The poor "doctor" does seem awfully upset about Windows being so
>> insecure and unstable - causing voting machines to BSOD, potentially
>> undermining the integrity of the electronic voting system.
>>
>> Maybe he should quit whining and just use Linux, then campaign
>> governments to do likewise.
>>

> Oh come now.  How would people be able to steal elections
> if they used an honest, reliable voting system? :-)

Heh. Just watch today's news. Who needs elections when you have money and
power? Found this morning:

Behind-scenes action led to camcording bill

,----[ Quote ]
| ...private meetings, foreign pressures and lobbyist
| drafted bills is how law gets made in Canada.
`----
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/223795

Transportation Group Spent $10K Lobbying

,----[ Quote ]
| The National Industrial Transportation League, which represents
| companies involved in freight transportation, spent $10,000 in the
| second half of 2006 lobbying the federal government, according to
| a federal disclosure form.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070612/transportation_group_lobbying.html?.v=1

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 5  Jun 11 08:03                   last=S