Re: Microsoft Takes Over Massachusetts, Ignores Open Source Policies

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 13 June 2007 04:00 \__

> On Jun 12, 1:51 pm, John Bailo <jaba...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> RamonF Herrera wrote:

>> > The Clinton Administration started and pursued the big case against
>> > Microsoft. Not a day had passed after Bush won, when his
>> > administration dropped the case. Out of some 20 suing states, there
>> > were two which continued their cases:Massachusettsand another state
>> > (forget which), both underDemocraticRule.
>>
>> > -Ramon
>>
>> But under the Bush Administration actually expenditures for government
>> agencies purchasing Linux products and services has skyrocketed.
>>
>> Items include:
>>
>> A multibillion dollar contract from NASA with HP for Linux/Unix.
>>
>> Increasing usage and expenditure by the DoD and armed services for Linux
>> products and services especially work in embedded Linux for hardware.
>>
>> The outright delay of the FAA and other agencies to use Vista.
>>
>> --http://You-Read-It-Here-First.com
>

> Yeah, we can safely conclude that the Bush Administration has been
> much more Linux and OSS friendly than the Carter/Johnson and Kennedy
> administrations combined.

At the time, open source was assumed and the Free software moverment wasn't
even born (why give birth to something that's already alive and thrives
everywhere?).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
  5:00am  up 1 day 20:56,  8 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.01, 1.09