Re: dvd burner is to(o) slow

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [  caroline_peek@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 13 June 2007 03:55 \__
>
>>  I have windows vista. The dvd burner is to slow. It took me 8 hours
>> to burn a dvd. Is there any way to make it faster? Could I be doing it
>> wrong or is thia the way it is? If there is a fast one I could use the
>> info. Thanks
>
> If the problem is with Windows Vista, why are you asking in a Linux
> newsgroup? You could, for example, at least as a workaround, use a Linux
> Live CD from which to burn DVDs. You could also install Linux on a vacant
> partition.
>
> Vista is known to have some burning issues (pun). Have a look here:
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070422083715451

I just built my newest system, today. $89.00 delivered. MSI 64bit
mainboard K8NGM2-FID was released 02-16-2006, but, it really won the
shootout of mainboards on many hardware sites.  Price included Sempron
3000+ processor.

Tossed into a case with a 550 watt P4/Athlon PSU, with a DVD rom drive,
and 768 Mb DDR memory, it all booted, then installed, in about 15
minutes.  Wow!

If an XP or Vista install were attempted, I would still be here working
on trying to gather all the drivers!

This is my first MODERN 64 bit system, because I have had my DEC Alpha
64 since 2005.

Since I started using 'other' OSes, alongside Microsoft in 1997, it has
become much more difficult to continue to try to justify the huge amount
of wssted man-hours and resources, and money, that any Microsoft OS
requires to simply keep running!

I really admire *BSD and GNU/Linux, in all the hundreds of Distros
extant!  Mepis 64 bit version 6.5 is awesome!

Anyone who has the least difficulty with Vista or XP, would do best to
download a copy, from http://www.mepis.org and burn it to CDrom, boot
and install it!