[News] [Linux] A Video of KDE's New File Manager, New KDE Icons

KDE Commit Digest - Issue 62

,----[ Quote ]
| Rafael Fernandez Lopez illustrates his latest work on KListView
| (implemented in Dolphin) with a video...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-10/

HIG Hunting Season: Icons

,----[ Quote ]
| The great work of the Oxygen icon artists is a much discussed and
| anticipated part of KDE 4. The new icons now follow the
| freedesktop.org naming specification which makes it easier
| to share icons between applications of several desktop environments.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1181568514/

Related:

Refreshing your filesystem

,----[ Quote ]
| Oxygen folders have changed already 3 times since I first started the
| project back to 2005. That' because ?folders? are really important,
| and together with "file sheet" and basic actions, they really define
| the look and feel of the desktop.
`----

http://oxygen-icons.org/users/david/?p=36

Why Dolphin is a Good Choice for KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| I've always been a big fan of Konqueror so when I heard that Dolphin
| was going to be the new default file manager for KDE4 I was
| disappointed. But after researching the decision further and
| actually giving Dolphin a try, I'm a convert.
`----

http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/why_dolphin_is_a_good_choice_for_kde4

Exploring Dolphin, The KDE 4 File Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Both Dolphin and KDE 4 have a ways to go before they're ready for
| the general public, but as kind of preview the Dolphin team
| released the screenshot below showing some of the new features
| slated for the next release.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/04/exploring_dolph.html

Dolphin browses archives

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I took some time and added new functionality to a great new
| KDE's file manager - Dolphin. In KDE4 Dolphin will be the main file
| manager and in KDE3 it is the main file manager only if you setup
| KDE like I did (change "inode/directory" in KControl-> Components->
| FileAssignments to point to Dolphin as a preferred
| application).
`----

http://brcha.blogspot.com/2007/03/dolphin-browses-archives.html

Dolphin gets a treeview, krunner gets prettier

,----[ Quote ]
| Peter Penz committed a treeview for dolphin to SVN today. It really angers
| me to watch people piss and moan about that whole situation when
| 4.0 is months away and when they aren't going to be losing a damn
| thing since Konqueror is still there and still maintained.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/03/dolphin-gets-treeview-krunner-gets.html

The Road to KDE 4: Dolphin and Konqueror

,----[ Quote ]
| As some of you who monitor the KDE news sphere may have noticed,
| there has been a recent addition to the kdebase module. The Dolphin
| File Manager has been added to complement Konqueror's browsing
| capabilities. Read on for more information about this new FileM
| anager and its relationship to Konqueror and the rest of KDE.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1172721427/

A first look at Dolphin, the KDE 4 file manager

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070405-afirst-look-at-dolphin-the-kde-4-file-manager.html
http://tinyurl.com/ynvchw