Re: [Linux] Was Xandrosoft the Microsoft of the Linux World?

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 12 June 2007 00:29 \__

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:07:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ dapunka ] on Monday 11 June 2007 23:25 \__

>>http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12770&Itemid=1091
>>>
>>> What I find really bizarre about the Xandros/MSFT deal is that Xandros
>>> paid MSFT. It would seem that MSFT really is operating a protection
>>> racket.  Xandros no doubt believe they're getting a good deal. Whereas
>>> they are /paying/ for MSFT to do its Embrace-Extend-EXTERMINATE!!! on
>>> em.
>>
>>I don't think the CEO is sleeping well at night. I think this has turned
>>into a nightmare scenario for him, based on what he says. He should have
>>consulted a laywer before signing that deal.
> I would rather pay the Mafia...at least I would know where I stand.

I think Microsoft is banging on Carmony's mind at the moment. They got him
scared of GPLv3 while everybody else seems to like it more and more
(Torvalds, Cox, Phipps). Earlier I noticed that the Enderle shill had
published yet another anti-GPLv3 item. Microsoft is his client. They take
turns. CompTIA, ACT... all those lobbying arms are standing up in line
telling you how scary GPLv3 is and how it will make the world collapse. It's
disgusting when you see how the 'media' gets abused (manipulated and
bought).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
Swap:  1036184k total,   464604k used,   571580k free,    47676k cached