Re: [Rival] Linux in Electronic Voting Enables Manipulation, Finds Study

__/ [ dapunka ] on Monday 11 June 2007 23:15 \__

> Dr. Pain wrote:
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > Expert opinion confirms manipulatability of voting computers
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>> >
>> > http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/90954/from/rss09
>> >

>> This article makes equal mention of Linux in voting machines as it does of
>> Windows in voting machines.
>
> What a dick you are.  The link you chose to reference doesn't mention
> Windows or Linux. But the one from www.verifiedvotingfoundation.org
> specifically mentions Windows failure, not Linux failure.  The
> biz.yahoo.com link  discusses a change in Brazil away from Windows and
> towards Linux. and the zdnet blog is a discussion about whether an
> open source voting platform would be better than a closed one.
> Still, wouldn't want the full facts to get in the way of a MSFT troll
> would ya?

In the links under "Related:" I have a previous article where, IIRC, the use
of Windows is explicitly mentioned. The Dutch ballots were criticised for
quite some time, probably due to wireless 'injections', if not USB devices
(where insert means execute whatever arbitrary code is on the device). XP
has some serious wireless bugs that remain unfixed on most lap/desktops.

Apprentice - fancy word for "slave"
 12:00am  up  15:56,  7 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.41, 0.60