Re: [News] [Linux] 'Web-based' Ubuntu Introduced, Fedora 7 Praised in Review

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:42:02 +0100
<1298810.HDUIvlFfxQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Wubuntu
>
> Pretty amazing stuff... there's also something like this for Windows XP, but
> it's far less powerful.
>
> http://wubuntu.weejewel.net/

Heh.  Needs a little work.  Press the back button on
Firefox, it goes back to the login page.

But they're not using Flash, and Firefox was draggable
(if not resizable).

And here's a version of Windows, Really Good Edition:

http://fun.drno.de/flash/windows-rg-emulator.swf

:-)

(The Windows Media Player does play some nice jazz, until
it "crashes".  The rest of it is as one might expect, and
it does give new meaning to the term "bleeding paper clip".)

On a much more serious note:

http://demo.eyeos.org/

The demo looks reasonably polished, though the calculator
has trouble with numeric keystrokes, and the notepad does
not ask for confirmation of save when closing the window.
However, eyeOS does allow for resizing of same.

So we'll see.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.