[News] [Linux] Alax Cox Against Novell's Action, Xandros Gets Humiliated Too

Alan Cox Interview

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally I think it's a bad idea and that Novell are going to
| get stung by the GPLv3, and rightfully so. The license is designed
| to keep the software free, if it fails to do this then it needs
| fixing, so GPLv3 hopefully will fix this flaw.
`----

http://www.abclinuxu.cz/clanky/rozhovory/alan-cox?page=1

Memo to Xandros CEO: you're better off selling potatoes

,----[ Quote ]
| It's amusing to note that a man becomes a recognisable public
| figure only after he's signed a deal that could well mean the
| demise of his company. Strange indeed are the ways of
| mega-corporations.
|
| [...]
|
| Incredibly, a patent cross-licensing deal was signed without
| once discussing patents. Now how could anyone imagine that
| people would talk about patents when they were signing
| such a deal? Silly me!
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12770&Itemid=1091
http://tinyurl.com/3bk78y

Related (from the weekend):

Doing the Microsoft patent dance

,----[ Quote ]
| And please, Novell and Xandros, don't whine that Microsoft pulled a
| fast one on you, and reiterate that open source is clean. No one
| needed you to tell them that. Innocent until proven guilty in
| this country. And especially in light of all the evidence that
| points against such claims.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/06/doing_the_micro.html

The New Linux Distro