[News] [OSS] A Business Case for Using Free Software in Education

Cavazos Presentation on Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Training teachers and students to use a piece of software makes
| that software more valuable. Vendors know this. Business sense,
| not altruism, is what drives deep discounts on software for
| education. I once spoke to a vendor of an online grade book
| who, upon learning that I train teachers, was very interested
| in my using it in my classes.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/57760.html

Related:

Kamloops school district gets an education in free software

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kamloops/Thompson School District in British Columbia, Canada, is a
| free software success story. Gregg Ferrie, manager of information
| technology for the district, believes its infrastructure may be "the
| largest Linux on-the-desktop implementation in Western Canada" in
| public education.

Adobe targets school kids to get them hooked on software

,----[ Quote ]