Re: Boo Yah!

____/ canadafred on Thursday 28 June 2007 13:29 : \____

> On Jun 27, 4:50 am, mark r <markr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My dmoz listing just kicked in and ive jumped to #5 on page1 :) yay!
>>
>> mark
>
> I doubt very much that your directory listing has much to do with your
> recent success. May I have a look?
>
> Web site url and keyphrase please.

Is it smart to focus on just a single keyphrase? I think that too many people
gauge success based on a very insignificant factor, or possibly look at the
wrong (possibly very popular) key[word/phrase]. I'll admit that I developed a
little obsession when I saw that I was getting references from "roy" queries,
but it's rather meaningless because some people just 'googlebomb' search
engines to elevate such positions (notably the roots of WordPress).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie