[News] Microsoft Wants to Bring Windows to Mission-critical Healthcare

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Wants to Bring Windows to Mission-critical Healthcare
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 04:19:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft readies a consumer healthcare platform

,----[ Quote ]
| “We are focused on both the enterprise and consumer space,” Shihadeh
| sid, during a meeting we had in New York this week.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=546

See link below (highlight is mine).

Related:

CfH refutes computer failure claims

,----[ Quote ]
| "Very often they are not major incidents as such, but could be caused when
| a patient administration system is running slow or there may be problems
| with the local network. The severity level is attributed by the user and
| this is subsequently very often down graded or amended."
|
| Many of the incidents that have been reported by CfH include failure of
| the systems used by surgeons to see X-ray pictures on a computer screen
| in wards and operating theatres. On some occasions the system is believed
| to have crashed during an operation, forcing surgeons to suspend the
|         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| procedure while a hard copy of the X-ray is found.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/19/cfh_defends_itself/

Gutmann also talked about the way DRM will put people's lives in much greater
danger. Why? Because Hollywood wants that.

Peter Gutmann on Vista DRM

,----[ Snippet ]

`----

http://www.grc.com/sn/SN-074.htm