Re: [News] Linux Vendors Becomes Part of the PowerPC Family

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 29 June 2007 10:49 : \____

>> Power.org gains embedded Linux vendor
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Power.org recently published specs for a unified IBM/Motorola PowerPC
>>| ISA, as well as a Linux system spec. The organization plans to host
>>| its first-ever Power.org developer conference later this year.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2513332360.html
>
> I wonder if Apple will return to the PowerPC at some point?  In any
> case, Linux continues to support the PPC platform very well.

Ubuntu dropped its official support for PPC (mainly old Macs), but other
distributions, notably YDL, continue to support PPC. It's a Fedora derivative
that's proving popular not only on PlayStation 3s.

Within reason, consider Free software. The best things in life are also free.
Cpu(s): 26.2%us,  4.5%sy,  0.9%ni, 64.2%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st