Re: [News] BBC: Oh no! The EU is after us for being Microsoft's b**ch and forcing Windows+DRM

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 29 June 2007 08:51 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 27 June 2007 12:01 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Ahh, starts to make sense.
>>
>> New article (glorifying the BBC of course):
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/technology/6245062.stm
>>
>> See what Mr Highfield, a Hollywood martionette, has to say.
>>
>> "I am fundamentally committed to universality, to getting the BBC iPlayer to
>> everyone in the UK who pays their licence fee," said Mr Highfield.
>>
>> Errr.... so how come you chose the Microsoft monopoly route?
>>
>> It's outrageous. I hope that Iain and Mark will get their complaint in the
>> EU warmly accepted. It's the type of nepotism and favouritism nonesense that
>> get people deeper and deeper in monoculture. The BBC covers up for Mr
>> Highfield. The good ol' boyz club.
>>

> It is indeed.  The proper solution is to ask for licence details and
> verify people that way, then stream using standard players, not promote
> a Microsoft-only solution.

Is Mr Highfield and the BBC part of the Conspiracy or just a helpless victim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqwz59YF03c

As radical as he may seem (not a great speaker either), he does make a valid
point. All these relationships are connected through partnerships, lobbying
arms, and proxies that are very much visible. Nobody intervenes because it's
the money that reigns, not the benefit of the ordinary citizen. Makes me think
of another Russian Mafia in the making...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode