[News] GPL-licensed Virtualisation Technology Works Very Well under 64-bit Linux

  • Subject: [News] GPL-licensed Virtualisation Technology Works Very Well under 64-bit Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:15:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Virtualbox on 64-bit Ubuntu works like a charm

,----[ Quote ]
| Innotek's GPL-licensed Virtualbox software lets you create a virtual
| operating environment inside your PC's real operating system. I've
| been using Virtualbox for several months now on a 32-bit laptop running
| Ubuntu 7.04, and I've been impressed with the software. However, my main
| PC at home utilizes a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn, and
| Virtualbox didn't support 64-bit OSes -- until this month. Now that
| I've tried it, I'm happy to report it works just as well as its
| 32-bit sibling.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115209

Related:

VirtualBox Making Waves as Open Source Virtualization Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The youngest virtualization player to enter the x86 virtualization market
| is Innotek. And the company has recently announced a new release of its
| product, VirtualBox version 1.4.0, for Windows and Linux.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2007/06/virtualbox_maki.html#45612313338246635702

VirtualBox 1.4.0 adds cool new features

,----[ Quote ]
| As promised at CeBIT 2007, InnoTek has released version 1.4.0
| of its VirtualBox virtualization software. Despite the modest
| increase in the version number, the new release boasts a few
| new features as well as a host of tweaks and behind-the-scenes
| improvements.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/06/06/1340255&from=rss

InnoTek VirtualBox [Mini Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I am impressed with the performance and features of InnoTek
| Virtual Box. The performance wasn't as impressive as it was with
| Parallel's desktop but it was better than the performance I got with
| VMware Fusion.
`----

http://digitaldiscobash.com/2007/05/16/innotek-virtualbox/

VirtualBox installation screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| VirtualBox is an opensource virtualization software, it has a nice
| graphical interface like VMWare, and which is a lack of QEMU, recently
| (march, 14th) it has released its version this is what their site says
| about VirtualBox.
`----

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/54

VirtualBox 1.3.8 Released