Re: [News] [Linux] Another User Likes His New Dell Linux

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 27 June 2007 13:08 : \____
>>
> <snip subject tags debate>
>
>>> I don't know what effort it takes you to do this, but personally, I
>>> rather like the tags.  It gives me a feel before I go in regarding what
>>> I'm going to get.
>>
>> I think that they introduce a problem but making the subject lines long
>> (leading to truncation in some mail clients). One thing they sometimes help
>> with is context. If a subject line turns from:
>>
>> Slax y.y and AntiX x.x Released

>> [Linux] Slax y.y and AntiX x.x Released
>>
>> Then it becomes clearer to those less familiar with Linux that these are
>> probably distributions.
>>

> Which is helpful enough.  Unfortunately, there's not a particularly easy
> way of hiding the tags, is there?  Perhaps for the more experienced
> users, a separate header line could help instead?  Something like this:

> So scoring might be done on the extra header lines?  Just a thought, I
> can't say I've tested it to see if it would work, either!

Of course it would work. Any decent scoring news reader can score on any header.

Personally I would just dump all Roy's posts directly anyway since most
of what he posts can be found here

   http://www.linuxtoday.com/

before he plagiarises their hard work.