Re: SCO big in Madhya Pradesh ..

____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 27 June 2007 22:04 : \____

> On Jun 27, 3:37 pm, Doug Mentohl <doug_ment...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "The SCO Group .. has announced that the state government of Madhya
>> Pradesh, has selected SCO Mobile Server as the platform for developing
>> and deploying government services"
>>
>> http://www.digitalmediaasia.com/default.asp?ArticleID=25300
>>
>> "Microsoft opens office in Madhya Pradesh. Enhances support to Channel
>> Partners and Customers. Indore, March 28th, 2007"
>>
>> http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/d/5/9d52e478-ddee-4b85-8d2a-...
>>
>> "MICROSOFT Corporation India Pvt Ltd today signed a memorandum of
>> understanding (MoU) with the Madhya Pradesh Government to jointly
>> develop and deploy technology solutions for e-governance in the State"
>>
>> http://www.blonnet.com/2002/06/19/stories/2002061900910700.htm
>
> Amazing.  SCO is discovering that you can't sleep in bed with a
> rattlesnake.
> No matter how cute it looks, it's still deadly and very prone to bite
> at the slightest
> provocation.
>
> You would think that after SCO had done so many good things for
> Microsoft,
> that Microsoft would be wiling to give SCO a big win.  But NOOOO!!!!!
> Microsoft has to have it ALL!!!
>
> Better to make sure that every PC in the state remains exclusively
> Windows,
> even if it means that millions of residents in the area will die of
> starvation,
> rather than allow ANY competitor to get any kind of a foothold.  After
> all,
> if Microsoft can't get a month's pay for a Windows License, how can
> they
> continue to do business in cities like Bangalore?

I didn't realise there was a Microsoft connection when I first saw this. It
figures. Who on earth would choose SCO over Linux? It has nepotism written all
over it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
Tasks: 106 total,   1 running, 105 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie