[News] [Linux] Focus on Linux Databases (Both Free and Proprietary)

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Focus on Linux Databases (Both Free and Proprietary)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:18:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Grill: MySQL's Marten Mickos on the Hot Seat

,----[ Quote ]
| And despite openly admitting that it gets paid by only one of every
| thousand users, MySQL is thriving, to the point that the company is
| planning an initial public offering.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=294422

Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Voted Best Linux Database for Third
Consecutive Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Sybase ASE was voted "Best Linux Database" by members of the
| open source community.
`----

http://digital50.com/news/items/PR/2007/06/26/AQTU036/sybase-adaptive-server-enterprise-voted-best-linux-database-for-third-consecutive-yea.html
http://tinyurl.com/333msf

Related:

IBM, MySQL team up on database software

,----[ Quote ]
| Executives at IBM, the world's No. 2 software maker, and MySQL told
| Reuters they will announce a technology and marketing partnership
| on Wednesday at a MySQL users' conference in Santa Clara, California.
`----

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2007/04/25/ibm_mysql_team_up_on_database_software/?rss_id=Boston.com+%2F+News
http://tinyurl.com/2mwwkx

Sybase and Red Hat Announce Plans for Expanded Alliance to Unlock Customer
Value

,----[ Quote ]
| This pairing will unlock customer value by leveraging Red Hat
| virtualized infrastructure and Sybase's continuing data management
| leadership. This marks the first time an enterprise data management
| company has announced plans for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
| database appliance.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070510/sfth037.html?.v=95

Size isn't everything for the modest creator of SQLite

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2107239,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=20