[News] [FS] The Geography of Linux and Free Software (Europe at the Center)

  • Subject: [News] [FS] The Geography of Linux and Free Software (Europe at the Center)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 02:22:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Popularity graphs of the entire operating system market (Ubuntu, Vista, OS X
and more)

,----[ Quote ]
| Google trends is a cunning tool; one that can be used to show the
| query frequency of various keywords. Most people misuse it by
| comparing "Linux" and "Vista" in an attempt to show how one is
| better than the other - a comparison that's as foolish as it is
| inaccurate. So I'm putting my thoughts down and applying them to
| some Google trends searches and here is what I've found.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/popularity_graphs_of_the_entire_operating_system_market_ubuntu_vista_os_x_and_more_
http://tinyurl.com/39qwaq

If you watch the top countries (by queries volume), it's usually from Europe.

Open source 'leaving Asia behind'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/06/26/open_source_not_asia/