[News] [Linux] Dell: Linux PCs Are Selling Well!

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Dell: Linux PCs Are Selling Well!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:51:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Will HP Follow Dell With Ubuntu Linux PCs?

,----[ Quote ]
| Initially, I was skeptical about Dell's decision to sell selected consumer
| PCs with Ubuntu Linux pre-installed.
|
| But after a few days of testing, I'm a skeptic no more. And I'm not alone.
| Dell insiders tell me that the Ubuntu PCs, introduced in late May, are
| selling well -- though they decline to share exact sales figures with
| me.
`----

http://software.seekingalpha.com/article/39413

He then moves on to arguing that H-P might follow Dell's footsteps. They have
tested Linux for a while (see below), which is probably why Dell keeps quiet
about sales figures.

Related:

HP readies corporate notebook refresh

,----[ Quote ]
| The machines are also certified for Linux.

HP offers peek at next-gen gadgets

,----[ Quote ]
| ... runs a Linux OS and has a USB port to install new titles.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189600/hp-plans-touchscreen-ebook

Q&A: HP exec says Linux Foundation wants to push OS toward common ground

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9016294&source=rss_news10

Orbiting Debian: Interview with Bdale Garbee

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a really exciting time to be in this industry. With the kinds
| of phenomenal growth rates we're seeing, Linux and the whole of open
| source is one of the brighter stars in the IT sky right now.
`----

http://tuxdeluxe.org/node/108

Big Debian Linux Payday For HP

More Hope for the Linux Desktop

http://blogs.cio.com/node/759

HP considering factory-loaded Linux desktops and notebooks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/24571-hp-considering-factoryloaded-linux-desktops-and-notebooks.html