Re: [SOT] Google's Ajax Framework Demonstrated; Eavesdropping & Naming Concerns Arise

On Jun 24, 10:54 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Google Search with Ajax
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Doing more things with the API
> `----
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/06/24/google_search_ajax/
>
> This shows the type of stuff that can help Web-based software replace or
> complement the desktop, making the O/S less relevant.
>
> Google loses Gmail trademark case in Germany
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Separately, Google had to rename its e-mail service Google Mail in the United
> | Kingdom in 2005 after losing a trademark case there. Google's use of the
> | trademark also is being challenged in Poland.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733667-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&ta...
>
> Google threatens to close gmail germany over privacy concerns
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Personally, I applaud google for joining the protest against this absurd
> | piece of fear-inspired legislation. A big corporation standing up against
> | this might get some politicians to actually have a look at and think about
> | the issue instead of just passing it through, "Cause it's to defeat the
> | terrorists!".
> `----
>
> http://halcy.de/past/2007/6/23/google_threatens_to_close_gmail/
>
> Related:
>
> German government admits it is already conducting online searches
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Piltz called on the German government to block funding for the
> | programming of software used in online searches; she also said it
> | was urgent that the government "discontinue these searches until
> | the German Supreme Court has reached a ruling on the matter."
> `----
>
> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/88895/from/rss09

By your own admission, this post is off-topic. Therefore it is anti-
charter. Therefore it has no place in COLA. Mark Kent founded Usenet
and COLA and is appalled that you would wave your anti-charter post in
his face with the tag [SOT]. Who do you think you are? This is your
first warning.