Re: [News] [Linux] Sun's ZFS Runs in Linux, But Still Falls Short

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/061807-zfs-on-linux.html#6285522977769458795

http://arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits.ars/2007/05/04/rampant-layering-syndrome

> Linux: ZFS, Licenses and Patents
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A recent discussion on the lkml examined the possibility of a
> | Linux implementation of Sun's ZFS. It was pointed out that the
> | file system is released under the GPL-incompatible CDDL, and
> | that Sun has filed numerous patents to prevent ZFS from being
> | reverse engineered.
> `----
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/8066

What they have todo is get ZFS off of the FUSE framework and make it a
legitimate filesystem. Until then, it'll not be any kind of performer and
only a shadow of it's former self...

--

Jerry McBride