Re: [News] [Rival] Godin: Microsoft Failed Twice with Windows

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Godin: Microsoft Failed Twice with Windows
  • From: flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:10:19 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <1581586.5a1EkHkDup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> The little book that says "quit"
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I you have a shot at being number one then it's worth "leaning into the
> | dip" says Godin. He cites Microsoft Corp., which he says failed twice
> | with Windows, four times with Word and three times with Excel but
> | slogged through the difficult dip to success.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070623/books_dip.html?.v=1
>
> Vista: The train wreck that keeps on delivering
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Ah, where do I start?
> `----
>
> http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/06/vista-train-wreck-that-keeps-on.html

The blogs etc I have seen regarding the horrors of attempting to deal
with Vista are a new low for Microsoft in my opinion.

And the easy willingness to speak out against Redmond has a whole new
level of energy from a wide array of sources.

I'm fascinated with the prospect of the pillars of confidence in
Microsoft giving way, and all their sloggy old inertia just dissipating
in a sudden gigantic industrial fart.

I'm buyin' a gas mask.