Re: [News] [Rival] BlueHost CEO says "Goodbye Microsoft and good riddance!!"

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 23 June 2007 22:44 : \____

> Coming from a major Webhost CEO, this is one of the most damning
> indictments I have yet seen against Microsoft:
>
> .----
> | Microsoft, take note!
> | May 16th, 2007
> |
> | I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to get my son’s Windows
> | Vista activated (Again :( ) so he could play his games.  The
> | experience made me want to poke a fork in Bill Gates and Steve
> | Ballmers eyes!!
> |
> | Microsoft has also been pushing their patent garbage a little too
> | heavily on the Linux community as of late.  They have been claiming
> | patent infringement for a little over a year with no proof.  They
> | won’t show infringing code yet they demand monetary compensation.
> |
> | This is what I really wanted to say in my blog.  I WILL NEVER EVER
> | IN 1,000 YEARS USE A MICROSOFT PRODUCT FOR BLUEHOST!  NEVER!  We
> | will never do windows hosting, we will never do Exchange hosting
> | (Using a Microsoft product), and we will never use Longhorn server
> | or advanced server.
> |
> | Microsoft whores out its customer experience at every turn.  They
> | have completely thumbed their nose at what their users need and
> | have lost touch technically with the internet community at large.
> | I can’t preach about the customer experience for Bluehost users and
> | then do business with a company that clearly violates everything I
> | believe in.  I wanted Bluehost users to know why I felt this way.
> | I also wanted Microsoft to know that there are consequences for
> | their despicable treatment of their customers.  I have never been a
> | Microsoft fan, but I was never their enemy.  Now they have lost me
> | forever as a client and I am sure many others will follow.  Enough
> | is enough, and now I am voting with my wallet.  Goodbye Microsoft
> | and good riddance!!
> |
> | Matt Heaton / President Bluehost.com
> `----
>
> Slated.org is proudly hosted on BlueHost.

Ta.

Second paragraph is perfect for one particular Web site. It's proof that their
SCO/Soprano-like actions backfire in a nasty way. Polls have already shown
this, but this one is an individual case.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 112 total,   1 running, 110 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie