Re: AIOE alternatives?

____/ Rafael on Saturday 23 June 2007 10:54 : \____

> Attila wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Sadly, I have just been informed that AIOE has put a ban on
>>> COLA (just posting?). I did not file any complaint, but a
>>> friend who uses AIOE is having a hard time using AIOE.
>>> Innocent and good posters get punished because of the
>>> trolls. I suppose your post was prophetic in that sense. The
>>> bad behaviour of trolls led to complaints which had it
>>> excluded (again). I was not involved in this, but perhaps
>>> the lesson to learn here is that trolls should not be fed
>>> (that Dr. "X" nymshifting troll was probably the cause).
>>>
>> Yeah, Roy, I noticed this yesterday when I got the dreaded 441
>> Banlist error from AIOE. I wrote to them about this and they
>> said that COLA has been restored. If you read these words that
>> will show that they spoke truly.
>
> This is a test.  If it has been restored, you will see this post.

That's good news, but hopefully the offenders won't be back (hopping on that
same wave, making it a tsunami). Apparently they refuse to take and accept the
message of those who provide them with a free service. They bite the hand that
feeds them. It says something about their ethics.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP