Re: [Linux] More Users and More Choice in Linux Makes Users Happier

cc wrote:

That is exactly what needs to stop if more people are going to use
Linux. Don't tell new users to go look at the "amazing list." It's
fine for dorks like you and me with some experience, but it will drive
new users away.
If anything it will tend to confuse new users in a bad way. Maybe three years ago if you asked a person about Linux they would most likely associate Redhat with Linux and didn't know much about other versions. Today if you pose the same question chances are good Ubuntu will be mentioned. That's of course assuming you can find a person who has heard of Linux at all. Most people I have met have no idea what Linux is nor do they care. Call it ignorance, which is what I call it, but people are so entrenched with Microsoft, Apple, their iPods, phones and digital media that they really don't have time nor desire to learn and use a completely new operating system.