Re: [News] [Linux] Xandrosoft Joins Microsoft's Anti-International Standards Camp

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Xandros to Provide Enhanced Interoperability Between Standardized XML
> Document Formats
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | “We are delighted to join forces with Microsoft and others to
> | provide interoperability between standardized XML document
> | formats,” said Andreas Typaldos, Xandros CEO.
> `----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jun/21/xandros_to_provide_enhanced_interoperability_between_standardized_xml_document_formats

There was a post not too long ago about how these agreements actually bring
Linux into the public eye so might backfire on MS, I think it was one of
yours but I'm not sure.

Two people have asked me about Xandros lately, neither of them are the sort
of people you would expect to be interested. One of them says that he going
to try it.

Mainly because I tend to lecture people on my current soap box about the
wisdom of a home server, seperate from the clients though a server/client
does have value too, the main purpose as I see it is to keep home users as
safe as possible, including keeping school and college kids data safe. But
there are other general server services that can be useful in a home
situation.

Anyway, the two asking about Xandros, and others that asked me about Novell
a while ago, seems to suggest that these agreements are actually waking
people up to Linux. Now would be a good time to have general information
about linux in places where people who wouldn't go looking for it will find
it. (thinks: I wonder if we could get a two page spread in MS XP Monthly
(or what ever mag Windows users use)).