[News] [Rival] It's Official: Microsoft Cheats, Sweeps Vulnerabilities Under Carpet

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] It's Official: Microsoft Cheats, Sweeps Vulnerabilities Under Carpet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:04:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Skeletons in Microsoft’s Patch Day closet

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first time I’ve seen Microsoft prominently admit to silently
| fixing vulnerabilities in its bulletins — a controversial practice that
| effectively reduces the number of publicly documented bug fixes (for those
| keeping count) and affects patch management/deployment decisions.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=316

Okay, so it's _confirmed_ now. Not only have they compared apples and oranges
as people argue all along (comparing minor fixes to a 2,000-package distro
against XP+minesweeper with bloated multi-hit fixes), but they also cheat by
keeping embarrassing things secret. No transparency even when it comes to
admission of errors and the possibility of one's credit card servers
zombified...

Days ago:

Beware of undisclosed Microsoft patches

,----[ Quote ]