Re: [News] [Linux] Some Killer Linux Applications Reviewed

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:21:55 +0100
<40bpk4-g45.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> Doctor Shlongwell does have a point; Linux has no "killer
>> apps" as such (as opposed to Microsoft, whose apps
>
> ... kill the users?
>
> Ah, finally that crass Americanism makes sense.

Heh...nice chop job, but point taken :-).  One wonders
at times if Microsoft's notions of "ease of use" somehow
only make sense to marketeers and businessmen who play
"tick off the competitive form boxes".

Case in point: Visio editing.  Of course part of my
distress may be because I come from a heavy CAD background;
Visio is not heavy CAD no matter how one drosses it up.
XFig is more straightforward for me, though I can't say
the GUI looks all that pretty.

But one can definitely check off

[*]figure editing

as a requirement in both cases.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  Because it's not a question of if.
It's a question of when.