[News] [Rival] Is ReadyBoost a Feature or a Bug?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Is ReadyBoost a Feature or a Bug?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:29:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows ReadyBoost Doesn't Deliver

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't know if this is a problem with Vista or the drive, but it is
| annoying to have to check to see if it off and then turn it back on
| again. Sometimes the disk space is used after ReadyBoost is off,
| forcing me to format the flash drive again before turning it back on.
`----

http://www.omahablogger.com/2007/06/windows_readyboost_doesnt_deliver.htm

Related:

Vista, iTunes and ReadyBoost do not play well

,----[ Quote ]
| The only solution for the problem is to unplug your ReadyBoost drive, close
| and restart iTunes and then play back your video normally. I have
| replicated this no less than 30 times on my laptop with a ReadyBoost
| drive plugged in. Unplugging the drive never fails to fix the problem
| and plugging it in never fails to cause the problem.
`----

http://vista.blorge.com/2007/04/16/vista-itunes-and-readyboost-do-not-play-well/

Microsft Vista's ReadyBoost: Is worth the hype??

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://techreckoner.com/microsft-vistas-readyboost-is-worth-the-hype/