Re: Tories Want Open Source in Whitehall

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 08 March 2007 16:47 \__

> I guess whichever government is in, one can often count on the Opposition:-
>
> --------------------------------
> The government could save more than £600 million a year if it used more
> open source software, the shadow chancellor has estimated.
>
> George Osborne said the savings would cut 5% off Whitehall's annual IT
> bill.
>
> He called for a more "level playing field" for all software companies, and
> urged "cultural change" in government.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6430069.stm

You must be lying. What the bbc thingie? Can we rely on it? Are you telling
me that the Tories are cheap? Are you suggesting that they will destory
Washongton State's economy by allowing schools to get 'commie code' through
bit torrents?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | No Makefile, no business
  5:00pm  up   1:07,  3 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.21, 0.43