Re: [News] The German AA Considers Migrating All Desktops to GNU/Linux

> Open Source facilitates German world-wide secure network
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| With respect to Open Source, the AA is serious about migrating all
>| its Windows desktops to Linux. But before that, and to be independent
>| in the long run as well, all the applications that are used
>| internally are being rewritten as web-applications.
> `----
>
> http://europa.eu.int/idabc/en/document/2204/470

I was particularly interested in the choice of webmin with ldap for
managing administrator access.  I saw an internal demo yesterday showing
much the same thing for our data centres - very impressive.  They're all
migrating to RedHat, with vmware for hosting servers, mostly also
RedHat, but I think a few Windows ones as well.