[News] Review of an Obscure Linux Distribution from Turkey (RC)

A First Look at Pardus 2007.1 Release Candidate

,----[ Quote ]
| As announced yesterday, an unexpected RC of the upcoming spring
| release 2007.1 of Pardus Linux was made available to the public.
|
| [...]
|
| Türkçesi, this is not a Release Candidate, this is more like an Alpha
| release. Or, judging by Mandriva's quality standards, a Beta :-)
`----

http://beranger.org/?article=2549

I think they are 'pulling a Vista'.

Related:

Kurdish operating system under investigation by Turkish attorney general

,----[ Quote ]
| Previously, we reported that Kurdish Linux was launched in Turkey:
| Kurdish Ubuntu, a Linux distribution, was launched this week with a
| reception in Diyarbakir. Ubuntu was the first Linux distribution to
| implement Kurdish localization[1]. Kurdish localization in Linux was
| an important milestone for Turkey due to ethnic conflicts
|
| [...]
|
| Sources:
|
| "Kürtçe Linux haz?r - Kurdish Linux Ready". NTVMSNBC, November
| 23, 2006
|
| "Kürtçe yaz?l?ma soru?turma - Kurdish software under
| investigation". Milliyet, November 28, 2006

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Kurdish_operating_system_under_investigation_by_Turkish_attorney_general

Kurdish Linux launched in Turkey

,----[ Quote ]
| November 24, 2006
|
| Kurdish Ubuntu, a Linux distribution, was launched this week with a
| reception in Diyarbakir. Ubuntu was the first Linux distribution to
| implement Kurdish localization
`----

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Kurdish_Linux_launched_in_Turkey

Free Software Period To Begin In Public Organizations

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=147873