Re: [News] How Illinois School District Saved a Lot of Money with GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] How Illinois School District Saved a Lot of Money with GNU/Linux
  • From: Linuxiac <"at yahoo.com ">
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 05:47:07 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy Delivers Cost Savings for Illinois School
District

,----[ Quote ]
| "By using Omni's Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy in our classrooms,
| we have saved over 50% on our Linux desktop hardware costs, 62% on
| electricity costs, and saved our district thousands of dollars on
| costly Internet drops, switches, network wiring and other
| infrastructure and support costs. The Multiplied Linux Desktop
| Strategy will allow us to stretch our limited IT budget and use
| those savings to provide better computer access for all students
| in the district."
`----

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/18720.html

A fortnight ago:

District to save money by switching computers to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thisweeknews.com/?sec=home&story=sites/thisweeknews/022207/Bexley/News/022207-News-310108.html
Tux Typing STILL works for many of us, and is in almost every GNU/Linux Distro at http://livecdlist.com and http://distrowatch.com