Re: This Group Is Unreadable Via Google..

  • Subject: Re: This Group Is Unreadable Via Google..
  • From: Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:02:57 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
After takin' a swig o' grog, Kevin Wilcox belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> I don't know how many of you use Google to
> read newsgroups but when I am at work
> where I don't have news server access I certainly
> do.

Set up an SSH server at home and use a text-based newsreader.

(Or tunnel X through SSH if you must have the GUI.)

> This group is completely unreadable via Google
> because all that comes up page after page is
> the inane noise generated by Roy Schestowitz
> re-posting articles he has siphoned from other
> places.

slrn tends to put all of Roy's posts at the bottom, which is nice.

> This is certainly discouraging to noobs who may
> come here for some interesting information
> and end up leaving in disgust because of
> the noise.

Roy's the least of the problems here.

--
   The Microsoft Solution -- Apply money liberally.  Re-apply as necessary.