Re: Iran Seeks Investment in Linux. ==== AKA Sand Monkey Linux ========================

Leythos wrote:

> In article <Xns98E4E3B998FFCzyadayadayada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> z@xxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> Linux you can actually see the code.
>
> And since most people don't actually understand it, it's about the same
> as Windows.

But SOME people understand it, and that's how bugs get squashed and patches
get produced.

> People don't switch to Linux because they can see the code, they switch
> because it's free and because it's not Microsoft.

You did a survey? You didn't call me... <sniff>

Perhaps they switch because they are sick of viruses, or sick of being
accused of not having "genuine" windows if they install new hardware on
their box...

--
Regards,

Gregory.
"Ding-a-ding-dang,My Dang-a-long ling-long"