Re: [News] Microsoft Grabs Corss-platform Application, Makes it Windows-only?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Grabs Corss-platform Application, Makes it Windows-only?
  • From: "Mark Dodel" <madodelNOSPAM@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:07:07 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:58:39 UTC, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-> Photosynth for Linux?
->
-> ,----[ Quote ]
-> | This is the demonstration video of Photo Tourism which was later
-> | transformed into Microsoft Photosynth (Wikipedia). Now, you'll find
-> | it difficult to disagree with me when I say this is a great product.
-> | It just has that "cool factor".
-> |
-> | However, the Photosynth website says at the system requirements: Only
-> | Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista RC1 or later are supported at this
-> | time. However, the video I showed above clearly shows it running on
-> | Linux (take a look at the titlebar of the web browser or the "add
-> | annotation dialog"). This could mean two things:
-> |
-> |    1. Microsoft deliberately decided not to support Linux
-> |    2. Microsoft may still want to make this available for Linux
-> `----
->
-> http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2007/03/02/photosynth-for-linux/
->
-> SysInternals and A9 have suffered similar treatment when Microsoft got
-> involved. Cross-platform/Open Source traits are eliminated through
-> partnerships or acquisitions.

And microsuck also bought the IP of Connectix and released VirtualPC
only for windoze, dropping the OS/2 host.  Since they can't produce a
decent product all they can do is steal others or just buy and kill
them.   But we all know they were convicted of being a predatory
monopoly twice.  Again they just buy their way out of any real
punishment.  At this point the only real punishment is to dissolve the
corporation and throw the creeps in prison.

Mark