Re: Interview with the Guy Who Brought Linux to IBM

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 05 March 2007 03:01 \__

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_frm/thread/ecaefa9065ac3c90/ed98111f091f80a6?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#ed98111f091f80a6

> The interview with John Swainson is particularly interesting.  See
> also the link with the visual comparison between IIS and Apache:
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/index.php?p=311

I could never find any reliable source to back the following statement (which
is why it wasn't in News Picks), but it's probably noteworthy.

,----[ Quote ]
| "IIS Web server software were twice as likely to have
| database vulnerabilities compared to those using Apache"
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2007/02/08/half-of-online-retailers-vulnerable-to-hackers

Of course, the mentioning of a database here makes you raise a brow (or two).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 122 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie