[News] Linux Was Dell's Chance, and Dell Blew It

Linux is Dell's big chance

,----[ Quote ]
| "What do you want?" Dell asked its users. "Linux on our desks and
| in our laps, please," they replied. "We hear you," said Dell, "but
| we don't want to disappoint you, so you can't have it just yet."
| Sadly, the users are disappointed anyway.
`----

http://opinion.zdnet.co.uk/leader/0,1000002208,39286126,00.htm?r=2

Related:

Dell 4Q Earnings Slide 33 Percent on Weak Laptop, Notebook Sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell Inc.'s fourth-quarter profits plunged 33 percent
| because of weak sales of laptops and notebooks, and the computer maker
| still faces an unresolved federal accounting probe, customer service
| complaints, several shareholder lawsuits and stiff competition from rivals.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070302/earns_dell.html?.v=6

Dell cocks a deaf ear to Linux at its online listening post

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,2025848,00.html