[News] Recipe for Making Linux More Appealing Than Mac OS X, Vista

The Perfect Desktop - Part 3: Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of Microsoft's new Windows operating system (Vista),
| more and more people are looking for alternatives to Windows for
| various reasons. This tutorial is the third in a series of articles
| where I will show people who are willing to switch to Linux how they
| can set up a Linux desktop (Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft in this article)
| that fully replaces their Windows desktop, i.e. that has all
| software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows
| desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without
| DRM restrictions that runs also on older hardware, and the best
| thing is: all software comes free of charge.
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntu6.10

Also just released to public access:

Ubuntu Linux Bible [No, nothing to do with religion]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ebookspyder.net/index.php/2007/03/03/ubuntu-linux-bible.html