Re: [News] Microsoft Junk Patent Thrown Out in German Court

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

[1]"sufficiently clearly defined" phrase suggests that the patent wasn't
written in such a way that someone [knowledgeable in the art] could build
the invention claimed - something patents require, don't they?

Patents -- referring to ownership of merely everything under the sun, probably used /a priori/ by one among 6 billion people -- require and depend on obscurity.

I must have it wrong then: I understood a requirement for a patent to be granted was that the [intimate] details of the invention were openly disclosed?

The point being that the goverment granted you a limited monopoly on your invention iff you were willing to divulge the mechanics of it?