[News] Analyst Talks About Open-sourcing Framework of Symbian OS

Sony Ericsson offers UIQ shares, analyst suggests to open source instead

,----[ Quote ]
| After all, by not open sourcing a tiny bit of code nor even basing
| it's strategy on third party applications, we all know what Apple
| is going to achieve with the iPhone and succesive iPhone nano's,
| micro's, etc.
`----

http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/03/03/2007/sony-ericsson-offers-uiq-shares-analyst-suggests-to-open-source-instead/
http://tinyurl.com/2jfyw3

Related:

UIQ: to open or to open source?

,----[ Quote ]
| A move to open source by UIQ would also put Nokia under pressure
| to re-evaluate S60 software licence structures and fees. It
| would additionally provide the Symbian ecosystem with a rival
| to emerging open source, Linux-based handset platforms, which
| looks set to become increasingly potent forces over the
| next few years.
`----

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=5437

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/feature-mobile-linux-why-it-will-become-the-dominant-mobile-os/2007-01-03