Re: [News] Microsoft Tries IP Game in Europe; Germany Sends 'Message' to Ballmer

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 15:23 \__

> On Saturday 03 March 2007 13:35 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Two short and clear messages from Germany to Steve B.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The German department of State has declared that their business case
>> | for their complete migration away from Windows towards Linux and other
>> | FOSS is based on SECURITY, RELIABILITY and COST reasons. They
>> | completed their migration of nearly all server and desktop systems
>> | WITHOUT the need for a RETRAINING of their staff, while IT costs
>> | dropped even on the short run already below one quarter of the
>> | costs they had while using a Windows infrastructure.
>> `----
>>
>> http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=141
>
> Brilliant - especially the second one.
>
> Thanks Roy - though I'll need to use a web-based translator for the
> background stuff - lucky Peter, eh?:-)

The word "FUD" is universal, I think.

It's food to Ballmer.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/ballmer-eats-banana.png

"Wear your lipstick, show us it's shiny"

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/4                         Sat Mar  3 07:26 - 07:27  (00:00)