Re: [News] Inquirer Reviews the History of Windows

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 13:11 \__

>> A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 2004: (...)
>> | THE MANAGEMENT: "What do you mean it still doesn't work? Try
>> | harder!"
>> |
>> | 2005: (...)
>> | "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
>> | and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
>> | won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
>> | what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
>> | 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
>> | What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
>> | lot, make it look like this!"
>> |
>> | 2006: Windows Vista
>> | THE MANAGEMENT: "Look, if we trickle it out to those mugs, I mean,
>> | valued customers who've already paid, we can say we released it this
>> | year and it'll buy us some more time..."
>> |
>> | 2007: No, really Windows Vista, honest
>> | MARKETING DEPT: "Never mind the features, look at it! Isn't it shiny?
>> | Yes! Pretty!"
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37962
>>
>> The Inquirer is typically humorous, but the above is all too real. Some
>> people are just unaware of what was happening 'behind the scenes', so to
>> speak. The company is secretive.
>
> Having spent the last few hours pouring through Comes Vs Microsoft
> evidence, I really could believe they said something very much like
> that.
>
> I now have a full copy BTW, and will be mirroring shortly, once I
> convert all the literal URLs to relative links.
>
> I also took the opportunity to grab a copy of the Gates deposition
> videos from Groklaw, which I may also mirror, depending on disk space.

I'd rather link to your own mirror than to that of a stranger, so let me know
the URL (or prefix, e.g. "slated.org/iowa") when you have it. Something
that's long-term (not IP/host name) would ensure the links in archives do
not break a few years down the line.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk