Re: MS playing three-card-trick with formats ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 14:10 \__

> 'Edwards charges that conversions using the ODF's daVinci and ACME 376
> systems worked fine in all beta releases of Office 2007, then broke in
> the final public version. Microsoft did this, he writes, through changes
> to OOXML, a Microsoft proprietary product built into its
> Exchange/SharePoint Hub'
>
> 'Microsoft has changed their office file format six times out of the
> last eight releases of Microsoft Office'
>
> 'The smoking gun here is that the new, proprietary XML schema was tossed
> in at the public release, that it worked with all the other Microsoft
> stuff, and it broke all the open source stuff'
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=959

It's the same ol' off-the-shelf routine...

,----[ Quote ]

`----

Microsoft plays hardball. It cheats, it deceives, it aggressively breaks its
rival's software.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Cpu(s):  21.8% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.6% idle