Re: bens: how do we wrest control of Java away from Sun ..

  • Subject: Re: bens: how do we wrest control of Java away from Sun ..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 03:09:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 01:57 \__

> Doug Mentohl wrote:

Okay, I'll admit that this got me curious. Wikipedia (my default reference)
only came up with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_School

So maybe there's some connection there. A corporate search engine leads me to
his blog. The most recent blog item

http://www.slivka.com/Blog/

"I'm not saying Open Source software is as easy to install and configure on
Linux as Windows native software is to install on Windows -- it is not! But
you can make Open Source software work on Linux, whereas it's a real
struggle on Windows."

*ROTFLMAO*

If that's truly him (I haven't checked), then therein we have an admission
that's damaging to Microsoft. Its own top people are frustrated with
Windows' prospects of running Open Source software.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
  3:05am  up 39 days  3:23,  7 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.60, 0.55