Re: Microsoft Hit By U.S. DOT Ban On Windows Vista, Explorer 7, and Office 2007

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Hit By U.S. DOT Ban On Windows Vista, Explorer 7, and Office 2007
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 02:58:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 01:48 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that B Gruff spake thusly:
>> My word - those poor chaps at Microsoft, after all that hard work....
>>
>> Let's hope it's just a rumour (or is that rumor?) eh?:-
>> -------------------------
>> Tens of thousands of federal workers are prohibited from upgrading to the
>> latest versions, according to memos seen by InformationWeek.
>>
>> Citing concerns over cost and compatibility, the top technology official
>> at the federal Department of Transportation has placed a moratorium on all
>> in-house computer upgrades to Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating
>> system, as well as Internet Explorer 7 and Office 2007, according to a
>> memo obtained Friday by InformationWeek.
>>
>> In a memo to his staff, the DOT's CIO Daniel Mintz says he has placed "an
>> indefinite moratorium" on the upgrades as "there appears to be no
>> compelling technical or business case for upgrading to these new Microsoft
>> software products. Furthermore, there appears to be specific reasons not
>> to upgrade."
>>
>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197700789
>
> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> OMG this Vista circus just gets funnier and funnier.

Do you run Windows Vista (seen one colleague who installed it BTW)? Are you
out of your mind? Even the US Government shuns it. Do you trust your own
judgment better than that of Feds?

How tables get reversed... in the past it was Linux that received no
endorsement... and now... Oracle, IBM, DoD, even Microsoft acknowledge the
important of Linux (openly even, so they are not ashamed or afraid of it).
Windows Vista, Explorer 7, and Office 2007 on the other hand...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 127 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie