[News] Another Open Source Competitor to Sharepoint and Lotus Supports Linux

Competition for Microsoft & Co.: Mindquarry Forms Up With an Open Source Team
Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Launch for a user friendly and easy to use teamwork software: since
| Feb. 28th 2007, Mindquarry offers the first Open Source alternative
| to Microsoft's Sharepoint Server or IBM's Lotus Connections.
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/competition-for-microsoft-amp-co-r58135.htm

Sharepoint is a Windows/Office lockin that has a viral nature in the
enterprise, much like the use/corruption of Web standards, or
network/protocols for exchange and sharing.

Related:

Microsoft: An unfortunate return to its roots?

,----[ Quote ]
| All I wanted was to visit a website and click-through to read customer
| case studies. Perhaps these would automatically load up in Word 2007 if
| I had it (but I don't, because Microsoft will be a bit slow in
| delivering Office for the Mac). And perhaps that would be really
| cool. But today it just feels annoying - like a basic "right" has
| been taken from me so as to extend Microsoft's dominance of the
| desktop to the web.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2006/12/microsoft_an_un.html

OpenOffice extension rivals SharePoint